Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Basics Class

I went to my first basics class today. I always wanted to try it out, and today was the day to pop my cherry.

C did a little recap of what they had been working on the last month or two (the kneeling game, hand fighting, knee lead) and announced they were going to switch to guard passing in January.

We then started drilling the knee lead pass with no resistance. We then switched up to guard pulling if there was too much resistance (or we wanted to pull guard). He then changed it up to dynamic learning where both people were trying for the knee lead pass or guard pull. We went through several rounds of drilling with different partners. Brandon was kind of the king of the drill as he has been working on this with C for some time now.

Before you know it, it was time for live rolling and my day was done. 3.5 hours of bjj=awesome!

No comments: